Garlic & Olive Oil Roasted Tomatoes
by Laurey's Gourmet Foods, Chef: Laurey Masterton
1 pound local, fresh tomatoes, unpeeled.
1 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 whole bulb of garlic, split into peeled cloves
1 teaspoon coarse smokey salt
1 teaspoon coarse-ground fresh pepper
1 sprig fresh rosemary
1 sprig fresh thyme
- Place whole, fresh, unpeeled tomatoes in large baking dish.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Distribute whole, peeled garlic cloves
- Sprinkle with smokey salt and fresh-ground pepper
- Place fresh herb sprigs on top of the tomatoes
- Bake, uncovered for 45 minutes in oven at 350 degrees. Oil will bubble and all will perfume your home with the herbal aromatics.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- After thoroughly cooled, the tomatoes can become the basis for a lovely rustic tomato sauce.
Serve as a side dish with a main course.
Makes 2 cups of sauce. Keeps well, covered in the refrigerator.