Shrimp Stuffed Zucchini
by Celine & Company Catering, Chef: Celine Lurey
2 TBS canola oil
1 large sweet onion, finely chopped
1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
1 large clove garlic, minced
4 roma tomatoes, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
3/4 pound shelled and deveined large shrimp, finely chopped
2 TBS each chopped parsley and dill
2 large zucchini
1 1.2 cups crumbled feta
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a skillet heat the 2 TBS oil - add the onion, bell pepper and garlic and cook over moderate heat until tender.
- Add the tomatoes and cook, mashing, until thickened.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and cool slightly.
- Stir in shrimp and herbs.
- Using a spoon, scoop out the flesh from the zucchini, leaving as 1/4 shell all around. Rub with oil.
- Season the zucchini with salt and pepper, then stuff with filling.
- Transfer to a slightly oiled roasting pan and bake 30 minutes, until filling is cooked through and zucchini is tender.
- Top cooked zucchini with crumbled feta and bake 5 more minutes, until the feta is melted and golden.
- Enjoy hot or at room temperature.