Rustic Raspberry Tart
by By Blue Ridge Food Ventures
1-10" unbaked pie crust
6 tablespoons butter, chilled
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 container of Winter Sun Farms raspberries, frozen
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place pie crust on baking sheet.
- Cut butter into 1/4" cubes and combine with remaining streusel ingredients.
- Mix until crumbly mixture is formed.
- Toss in frozen berries and mix just until berries are coated with streusel.
- Pile berry/streusel mixture on pie crust, leaving a 2 open edge.
- Fold and crimp excess dough over edge of raspberry mixture.
- Mix egg and water.
- Brush top and sides of galette with this egg wash and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or until crust is golden brown.