Easy Redfish Piccata
by Inland Seafood - Chef: Vicky Murphy
2 lbs. flat redfish fillet
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons butter
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon grated lemon zest
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
2 tablespoons small capers
- In a large skillet, melt 1 tablespoon butter in oil over medium-high heat.
- Add fish and cook, turning once, until lightly browned outside until it flakes easily when tested with a fork, should take approximately 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove to a platter and keep warm.
- Pour off all but one tablespoon of fat from skillet.
- Add remaining butter and cook over medium-high heat until browned, about 1 minute.
- Quickly stir in lemon juice, lemon zest, parsley and capers and pour over fish.