Carolina Kitchen: Cauliflower breakfast pizza
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Foothills Wellness Center's Dr. Joseph Picone and Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 1 large head cauliflower, grated (about 3 cups), squeezed dry of excess liquid
- 1 c. shredded mozzarella, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 c. freshly grated Parmesan, divided
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 3 Eggs, large
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Preheat oven to 425º and grease a cast-iron skillet with cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine cauliflower, ½ cup mozzarella, eggs, ½ cup Parmesan, and garlic powder and season with salt and pepper.
- Press mixture into skillet, making sure to get up the sides, and bake until deeply golden and dry, 25 minutes.
- Top pizza with pesto, sun dried tomatoes, cracked eggs and cheese. Bake on broil until eggs are set and cheese is melted.