Carolina Kitchen: Chicken Parmesan with brown rice pasta
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Foothills Wellness Center: Dr. Joe Picone and Chef Melissa LeRoy
- 1/2-cup brown rice flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBSP unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup sprouted brown rice cereal, coarsely crushed
- 1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- Organic red pasta sauce
- Brown Rice Pasta cooked according to directions
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with extra virgin olive oil.
- Put flour in a shallow bowl. Beat together the egg and milk in another bowl. Mix together cereal, cheese, and breadcrumbs in another bowl. Sprinkle garlic powder, salt, and pepper evenly over each chicken piece. Dredge each in flour, shaking off excess, then dip into egg mixture, letting excess drip off. Press each piece into crumb mixture to coat, and arrange in prepared baking dish.
- Bake until chicken is golden brown and juices run clear.
- Cook brown rice pasta according to package directions.
- Serve chicken with pasta and red sauce.