Carolina Kitchen: Cocoa amaretto dip
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Bruce's Fabulous Foods Chef Bruce Brown
- ½C heavy cream
- ¼C butter
- 2T light brown sugar
- 2T corn syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ?C semisweet chocolate or- quality chocolate chips
- 2T cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 3T amaretto
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Cookies for dipping
- Over medium heat, combine the heavy cream, butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and salt to a low simmer, whisking often.
- Once the butter melts and the sugar dissolves, whisk in the chocolate and the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Remove from the heat, whisking in the amaretto and vanilla.
- Pour into a glass serving bowl, serving with simple cookies for dipping.