Carolina Kitchen: Cranberry Port Wine Sauce
by Givens Estates, Chef Martha Vining
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 (750-milliliter) bottle ruby port or other sweet red wine
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 orange, cut into quarters
- 1 teaspoon chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- Combine the ingredients sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil and cook over medium heat until reduced to 3 cups (about 20 minutes).
- If desired, strain the cranberry mixture through a fine sieve over a bowl, discarding solids.