Carolina Kitchen: Diablo Meatballs
by Bruce's Fabulous Foods, Chef Bruce Brown
- 2# meatballs, bite-sized and cooked
- 2C onions, diced
- 2T bacon grease
- 4C tomato sauce
- 4C petite diced tomatoes
- 1C roasted red peppers, diced
- 3T tomato paste
- 1 1/2T chili powder
- 1T garlic powder
- 1/2T each: sugar, salt
- 1 small can chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, minced
- In a 6 quart stock pot, melt the bacon grease over medium high heat.
- Add the onion and sauté until softened, about three minutes.
- Add the meatballs, stir and reduce heat to medium.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the last nine ingredients, stirring together.
- Pour over the meatballs in the pot, coating all pieces with the sauce.
- Cover and reduce heat to low, simmering for thirty minutes.