Carolina Kitchen: Honey mustard beurre blanc
ASHEVILLE, N.C. (WLOS) —
By Chestnut Chef Brian Crow
- 1 Cup Dry White Wine
- 2 Shallots, Peeled and Minced
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Few Springs of Thyme
- 2 Oz Heavy Cream
- 1 Oz Honey
- 2 Oz Mustard
- 1/2 # Butter, Cut into Small Cubes
- - Salt & Pepper, To Taste
- Small Sauce Pot, Whisk, Cutting Board, Knife, Serving Spoon / Ladle
- Combine wine, shallots, bay leaf, and thyme in small saucepot.
- Bring to a boil, and turn down to a simmer.
- Reduce till almost dry (about 1 oz liquid left).
- Add cream and reduce back to 1 oz.
- Remove from heat.
- Add honey and mustard.
- Return to low heat and whisk in butter, 1 cube at a time
- Continue whisking in butter cubes
- Remove Thyme sprigs and season to taste
This sauce may take a little practice, but it's worth it. If it starts to separate, remove from the burner, reduce heat, and add an ice cube. Continue adding butter.