Carolina Kitchen: Lemon Pepper Shrimp Zucchini Noodles
by Selina Naturally Chef Carla Delangre
- 3 cups Shrimp, peeled, tails removed and deveined
- 4 cloves garlic Garlic minced
- 3 tablespoons Butter
- 6 cups Zucchini Noodles
- 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Pepper Celtic Sea Salt®
- Black Pepper
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil plus ½ teaspoon separated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- Zest from 1 organic lemon
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, plus ¼ cup fresh lemon juice separated
- 1 to pinches Celtic Sea Salt®
- Rinse and dry prepared shrimp and place into a large container or baggie for the marination step.
- In a bowl whisk together 1/2 cup lemon juice, minced garlic, olive oil, chili flakes and lemon pepper Celtic Sea salt.
- Pour the marinade into the bag or container and allow to soak for 1 hour at room temperature.
- In a large flat saute pan heat the coconut oil and place the marinated shrimp into the pan.
- Be sure the shrimp lay flat on one side and once you see pink around the edges, it is time to flip them over.
- About 1 minute on each side depending on the size of the shrimp.
- Add butter and saute to coat for a few seconds then add to a bowl to rest.
- Add a little more coconut oil to the pan and add the zucchini noodles.
- Saute for a few minutes until the zucchini have softened and moisture has been cooked out of the noodles.
- Add the lemon juice and allow to cook for another minute.
- Then toss in the cooked shrimp and finish with black pepper and lemon zest.
- Serve immediately.