Carolina Kitchen: Tabbouleh quinoa salad
By The Writer's Bistro Chef Richard Petrelli
- Quinoa white cooked -1/4 cup
- Quinoa red cooked -1/4 cup
- Grape tomato diced -1/2 pint
- Mint -2T
- Lemon juice and zest -1t
- Olive oil -1T
- Feta -2T
- Red onion fine diced -1T
- Kalamata olive -2T
- Cook quinoa by using a ratio of 1 part quinoa to 4 parts vegetable stock.
- Bring stock to boil on stove with salt and pepper and then add quinoa.
- Cook covered for roughly 30 mins or until quinoa has bloomed and is tender.
- Shock under cold running water and reserve.
- In medium mixing bowl add quinoa, olive oil, lemon juice and zest, tomato, red onion and mint.
- Mix until combined and then plate in a bowl topped with feta and garnished with more olive oil and sprig of parsley.