Carolina Kitchen: The Dining Diva's creamy lemon rice
ASHEVILLE, N.C., (WLOS) —
By the Dining Diva's Chef Molly Fowler
- 4 Tbsp Unsalted butter
- 1 Cup Long grain rice
- Zest of 1 large lemon
- 2 Cups Chicken broth, boiling
- 1 tsp Salt
- 2 Tbsp Lemon juice
- ½ Cup Heavy whipping cream, or more if desired
- 2 Tbsp Minced fresh herbs (parsley, dill, rosemary, basil, mint, or a combination)
- Melt butter in a medium saucepan. Add rice and lemon zest; stir and cook until rice is opaque.
- Add hot broth. Reduce heat to simmer; cover and cook about 20 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the lemon juice, whipping cream and fresh herbs.
- Serve immediately. This is especially delicious with fish or lamb.