7 arrested & charged after traffic stop leads to alleged meth trafficking ring
A Haywood County traffic stop ends in multiple arrests related to alleged methamphetamine trafficking.
A traffic stop that Haywood County Sheriff’s Office deputies initiated in the area of Champion Drive in Canton Wednesday, November 7, 2018 led to seven arrests and the seizure of 80 grams of methamphetamine.
During the traffic stop, the K9 alerted to a substance in the vehicle that appeared to be meth.
Rosalie Yvette Trujeque and Jennifer Ann Trujeque were both charged with felony trafficking in methamphetamine and given $75,000 bond.
Later that night, deputies obtained a search warrant for an apartment at 29 Jones Cove Road and found more meth throughout the apartment, which, after the traffic stop and apartment search, yielded more than 80 grams.
To report suspicious activity, please contact Haywood County Crimestoppers at 1-877-92 CRIME.
Charges and bond information:
- Sandra Gay Wingate - felony possession of heroin, felony maintaining a vehicle/dwelling/place for controlled substance, felony conspire trafficking methamphetamine $15,000 bond.
- Muquan Bashird-Alli Kennedy- Felony conspire trafficking methamphetamine- $10,000
- Casey Allen May- Felony trafficking in methamphetamine, felony maintaining a vehicle/dwelling/place for controlled substance $150,000 bond.
- Lauren Amber Young- Felony trafficking in methamphetamine, felony maintaining a dwelling/ place for controlled substance. $150,000 bond.
- Damarcus Jeremale Wiggins- Felony conspire trafficking methamphetamine $120,000 bond