Man breaks into Haywood County home, terrorizes family
A Balsam man is accused of breaking into a woman's home and terrorizing her and her family.
Hunter Lewis, 21, faces a slew of charges, including second-degree burglary, assault by strangulation, child abuse and assault with a deadly weapon.
Court documents state Lewis held a knife to the woman's throat and punched one of her children.
Lewis is being held in the Haywood County Detention Center on a $42,500 secured bond. He is set to appear in court Nov. 29.
- Assault on a child under 12 (misdemeanor)
- Interfering with with emergency communication (misdemeanor)
- Misdemeanor child abuse
- Assault with a deadly weapon with a minor present (misdemeanor)
- Assault by strangulation (felony)
- Battery of an unborn child (misdemeanor)
- Second-degree burglary (felony)
- Second-degree kidnapping (felony)
- Assault with a deadly weapon (misdemeanor)
- Misdemeanor larceny
- Possession of stolen goods (misdemeanor)