More than 500 sickened by E. coli at Gatlinburg zip line park
An E. coli outbreak at a Gatlinburg zip line park has made more than 500 visitors sick.
Officials said contaminated well water was the source of the outbreak at CLIMB Works. They said people became ill after drinking water from coolers set up along the zip line course.
Management is offering bottled water to guests while a new filtration system is installed.
"I did notice signs not to drink the water. So, I didn't know if that was something normal everyday or something going on," visitor Larie Roe said.
The park manager said refunds are being offered to anyone affected by the illness.