Pets rescued from Marion house fire

A Marion couple rushed home from work Thursday to find their house on fire ... their two dogs inside. (Photo credit: WLOS staff)

A Marion couple rushed home from work Thursday to find their house on fire and their two dogs inside.

Fire crews got to the scene in minutes after a neighbor spotted smoke. Firefighters were able to get the animals safely out of the house.

Owners Mike and Kendall Liga said their biggest concern was their pets.

"I work in Hickory, and he called me. And I had to drive all the way home, worried sick about the animals. That was the first thing I did -- we got the animals out to make sure they were OK," Kendall Liga said.

Fire officials have not determined the fire's cause.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending