Woman accused of assaulting Black Mountain police officer
A woman accused of hitting a Black Mountain police officer with her vehicle faces multiple felony charges.
Police said they were doing a license checkpoint on North Blue Ridge Road on Tuesday, when they saw a vehicle swerve toward the officers. Authorities said the driver, Jasmine Robinson, hit one officer and nearly hit another.
After a short search, the vehicle and driver were found.
The officer will be OK.
Robinson, who is being held in the Buncombe County Detention Center on $60,000 bond, is charged with:
- Felony assault with a deadly weapon on a government official
- Felony possession of a Schedule II controlled substance (methamphetamine)
- Misdemeanor possession of drug paraphernalia
- Possession of stolen goods
- Displaying a fictitious registration plate
- Driving while license revoked
- Failure to stop at a duly erected stop sign
- Resist, delay, obstruct a law enforcement officer