If you’re one of the 64 percent of Americans that own an Apple product, you should prepare for repair or replacement costs at some point in your laptop’s life. Whether a steaming hot cup of Joe spills on the keyboard or an email from your boss sets you into a Mac-hurling rage, accidents happen. Luckily for you, Apple understands that.
While most Apple hardware comes with a one-year limited warranty and up to 90 days of complimentary telephone support, AppleCare+ (which ranges from $249 to $379, depending on the type of laptop) extends that protection. So, you’re free to use your MacBook care-free.
Here’s why you should spend a little now to save a lot later:
1. One stop for technical support. Everything about your MacBook, from the computer itself to the operating system and many applications, is designed by Apple. So, a single call can resolve most issues. On top of 24/7 priority access to Apple experts, you’ll receive global repair coverage. This coverage means you can either mail in your computer for repairs or stop by any Apple Store or local Apple Authorized Service provider for no extra cost.
2. Extends the warranty of the machine to three years. Every Mac comes with one year of hardware repair coverage through its limited warranty. Buying AppleCare+ extends that warranty to three years.
3. The phone support includes software support. Don’t know how to use iMovie? Can’t figure out how to delete a contact? And how the heck do you connect to the office printer? Give your favorite Apple experts a call—they’ll explain everything.
4. AppleCare+ now covers accidental damage. With AppleCare+, you’ll have coverage for up to two incidents of accidental damage. That includes parts and labor for your Mac itself, the battery, included accessories, Apple memory, AirPort, and the Apple USB SuperDrive. While screen damage and other external damage will be subject to a fee, it’s still going to save you a heck of a lot of money.
5. Free basic data transfer with each AppleCare+ Purchase. If you purchase your Apple product and AppleCare+ from Charlotte Street Computers, they will provide a free basic transfer of documents, music, and photos from your old device to the new device. Advanced PC transfers are available at an additional cost.
From now until September 29, Charlotte Street Computers is offering a special back-to-school deal to customers who purchase AppleCare+.
Students will receive $150 off any size MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro and eight free Mac classes with the purchase of AppleCare+ (you must purchase the laptop and AppleCare+ together). A valid student ID is required.
Non-students will receive $75 off any size MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro and eight free Mac classes with the purchase of AppleCare+ (you must purchase the laptop and AppleCare+ together).
For more information, visit Charlotte Street Computers online at www.charlottestreetcomputers.com or call 828-225-6600.