It doesn’t matter if it’s your first on-campus experience or your very own solo apartment—you’re finally out of the nest. But, baby bird, you’re going to need to buy a few things for your new roost.
While all of the Pinterest-worthy ideas you find online are nice to look at, they’re not always nice on the bank account. Enter the fabulous world of smart shopping.
To help show your wallet some love, Alan’s Jewelry & Pawn will be offering some sizzlin’ summer savings (30-70 percent off from August 10-19!) on everything you’ll need to make living away from home fun and affordable!
Below, just a few of the kick-butt new or gently used items you can find at one of their three locations for serious discounts. That means more money for tuition, books, and school pride gear for the whole fam. Win-win.
1. Kitchen appliances. Even if you bought the dining hall’s meal plan, you’re going to want a few small kitchen appliances for rushed mornings and late-night snacks. Some dorm rooms will supply a mini fridge, but if not, you can find that plus microwaves, Keurigs, blenders, and more at Alan’s.
2. Flat screen TVs and speakers. You could bring the 10-inch TV from your parent’s basement or get a great deal on a new or used TV with an entertainment system. Catch up on your favorite shows, play calming study music, and have movie nights with the roomies. And if there’s something particular that you want but don’t see it in stock, Alan’s can order it for you.
3. Laptops. This is a necessity for college students. Most campus libraries will have desktop computers you can use, but that doesn’t help you take notes in class—and what about online courses? Plus, you’re not going to want to do all of your studying in the library (hi, campus coffee shop!).
4. Smartphones and Fitbits. Is your iPhone screen cracked but it’s not yet time for an upgrade? Find the latest and greatest in smartphones at Alan’s (minus the cell provider fees). Oh, and while you’re at it, check out the large selection of smartwatches that you can connect to your phone. You’ll be amazed at how many steps you take around campus.
5. Musical instruments. College is a time to try new things! Why not take advantage of your gen-eds and learn to play an instrument? You can find electric and acoustic guitars, drums, horns, and more at Alan’s. Who knows? Maybe you’ll find your calling.
6. Bikes. Mom and dad won’t let you bring the car this fall? Get around campus easier with your own two-wheeler. It’s cheaper than a car and means you’ll get a workout in while commuting. And you won’t have to pay for a parking spot.
You can find all of these items and more at Alan’s Jewelry & Pawn.
For the last 30 years, Alan's Jewelry & Pawn has been your local retailer for home goods, appliances, fine jewelry, vintage merchandise, personalized gifts, and more. Stop by one of their three locations or visit their website at AlansPawn.com to find all of your college dorm room and apartment needs.